Monday, September 24, 2012

Wishlist: Dubarry Edition

I had the pleasure of working at the Hampton Classic Horse Show for my friends at Dubarry of Ireland this past Labor Day weekend, and I was able to try out some of their newest designs. Here are some favorites/must-haves, including the tweed waistcoat that inspired this very blog:

"Daisy" in Connemara Smoke

"Iris" shirt in White

"Swift" Gore-tex lined jacket in Olive

The Daisy vest is cut exquisitely... really top notch tailoring. It's easy enough to dress up or down as well, so it's definitely a piece that could get a lot of mileage in the fall/winter seasons. The Iris shirt really caught my attention because of the subtle, tuxedo-like panels in the front. Unlike a lot of other shirts striving towards the same vibe, the Iris has the detail without adding any bulk. The comfortable,  two-way stretch cotton fabric is form-fitting without having any bunching, giving the shirt a stunning silhouette. In the outerwear department, I've been searching for a proper weatherproof jacket that still has some kind of tailored shape for a very long time, to no avail. Dubarry's older "Skerrit" and "Sutton" jackets have the same idea, but the "Swift" seals the deal with the belt and more prominent hourglass shape. 

The unquestionable practicality and quality of all these items make it really hard for me to not blow up my credit card. Regardless of what's on the runways this fall, I feel the most comfortable and stylish in classic and versatile pieces. Also, the fact that I currently own no waterproof outerwear aside from a hat and a couple pairs of boots leaves the other 90% of my body sorely neglected. Christmas is coming though, I guess I should probably start behaving... probably. WINTER IS COMING.


2 comments:

  1. The swift is selling really well too! I pretty much make every lady that comes in try it on.

    ReplyDelete